Bribie Island State High School learning is central to everything we do, with high expectations and a commitment to academic excellence. A teaching and learning framework called the New Art and Science of Teaching underpins the curriculum and provides students, parents and teachers with a common language related to thinking and learning. Teachers use instructional strategies aimed at students developing critical, creative and higher order thinking skills to prepare them for the future and real life experiences.
Our school is a member of a global partnership: New Pedagogies for Deep Learning. As a school, we are focused on teaching our students the 21st century competencies of critical thinking, creative thinking, communication, collaboration, citizenship, and character to enable them to build a deep understanding of the topics they study through the range of learning areas.
This section contains information on our subject offerings across the junior and senior schools.
- To provide a curriculum which meets the educational and social needs of all stakeholders - students, teachers, parents, institutions of further education, employers and the community at large.
- To establish and maintain the most efficient structure for curriculum delivery.
- To ensure the curriculum incorporates a range of non-formal educational experiences for all students.
- To facilitate the development of a school environment which incorporates the principles of equity and social justice for all students and staff.
Goals for student learning
- To provide a quality, broad, general education for the compulsory years of schooling.
- To provide quality education appropriate to the post-compulsory years of schooling.
- To implement Government and Education Queensland policies with respect to learning priorities.
- To provide learning situations which enable optimum student motivation and learning outcomes, with emphasis on achieving individual potential in intellectual, cultural, physical and social development.
- To provide teaching staff with the appropriate knowledge, skills and professional development to manage and maintain this curriculum direction.
Effort and Behaviour Matrix